- Reduction of water bottle plastic waste via our partnership with Miami-Dade county to source water at the majority of aid stations from nearby fire hydrants
- Unused finisher food and discarded clothing is donated to charity
- Reduction of paper usage, which accounts for the majority of municipal waste, with the implementation of digital communication/signage where possible on race day.
Future Sustainability Goals
- Develop and implement an organization-wide sustainability policy that guides daily operations and decisions across all of our events and programs.
- Eliminate cups in the next two year
How You Can Help
- Utilize Reduce.Recycle.Reuse stations installed throughout the start/finish lines and on course.
- Carry your own reusable hydration bottle, and utilize self-service water refill stations.
- Don’t throw away your old running sneakers. Donate them to charities that will redistribute them to people in need.
- Extra Tips –
- Carpool on Race Day
- Take Public Transportation when possible